Canal hire firms on North West England & North Wales canals
The Inland Waterways and canals of North West England and North Wales were at the heart of the Industrial Revolution but now most of the industries are silent, and hiring a narrowboat to cruise North West canals opens up some of the most attractive scenery in Britain.
- The Trent and Mersey Canal rises from the Cheshire plain to dive into the damp depths of Harecastle Tunnel before descending into Staffordshire and eastwards across Derbyshire.
- The Ashton Canal, Peak Forest Canal, Macclesfield Canal and the Caldon Canal climb onto the Pennine moors
- The Llangollen Canal, Montgomery Canal and the Shropshire Union Canal cross the sparsely populated Welsh borderlands.
- Towns and cities such as Chester and Macclesfield have much to offer the visitor, seen at their best when approached by canal.
- Circular routes include the Four Counties Ring and Cheshire Ring .